DEAR AMERICORPS MEMBER:
YOUR TALENTS ARE NEEDED. JOIN OUR TEAM TO HELP US UPLIFT and SERVE COMMUNTY.
The Covid-19 Pandemic has created many changes. We view it as an opportunity to create transformational change as we serve the Buffalo Community.
The BFNC Hope Center is looking to secure one full-time AmeriCorps member to serve as a “Hope Center Community Empowerment Specialist” in our neighborhood based, one-stop financial opportunity center located at BFNC Hope Center – 45 Jewett Avenue, Suite 250, Buffalo NY 14214.
- The BFNC Hope Center Community Empowerment Specialist will be responsible in the development of volunteer recruitment and engagement strategies and fostering client engagement in Hope Center services and activities.
The member will engage in the following activities at the BFNC Hope Center:
1. Implement capacity building strategies for volunteer recruitment and engagement with the BFNC Hope Center.
2. Conduct community outreach to attend financial literacy and coaching workshops.
3. Facilitate financial literacy workshops.
4. Perform VITA intake and tax preparation.
5. Work with clients on budgeting and utilizing the Provider APP a free software developed for low income families.
CONTACT: Daysi Ball, Director BFNC Hope Center