TAX SEASON IS HERE!
I know … It really arrives FAST.
Beginning February 1, 2023 to April 18, 2023 BFNC will provide FREE tax preparation services.
Please HELP us Help You. Preparation is KEY!
BFNC VITA volunteers work hard to serve the community so everyone’s kindness and patience are appreciated.
DETAILS TO KNOW
VITA at BFNC Westminster Community House
419 Monroe Street
Buffalo, NY 14212
STEP ONE: Call 2-1-1 to schedule an appointment for FREE TAX PREP SERVICES
FREE Tax Preparation Assistance
Provides free in-person tax preparation for income eligible taxpayers.
PROGRAM IS VOLUNTEER OPERATED. Your patience and kindness are appreciated.
*** No multi-year tax returns will be prepared until after March 1st, 2023.
**If a client is more than 5 minutes late to their appointment, they must forfeit the appointment.
NEW TAX preparation LOCATION:
BFNC Westminster Community House at 419 Monroe Street, Buffalo, NY 14212
CALL – Call 2-1-1 to schedule an appointment.
BFNC staff and volunteers will be available to assist VITA clients.
Appointments available February 1st – April 18, 2023
WHO WE SERVE:
Eligibility – Individuals with household income of $58,000 or less.
Service Area – Erie County.
Call 211 to schedule an appointment.
PLEASE BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
• Tax Information such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098, 1095.
• Social security cards or ITIN letters for all persons on your tax return.
• Picture ID (such as valid driver’s license) for you and your spouse.
• A WORKING TELEPHONE NUMBER or NUMBERS. We may need to call you to move the process.
PLEASE COMPLETE PAGES 1-4 of FORM 13614-C (October 2022)
What to expect when you arrive:
1. You will be asked to complete the IRS Intake Form – Please answer all questions
2. Sign and date the IRS Virtual VITA Taxpayer Consent Form
*it is required to work on your return****
3. Bring Proof of INCOME
1. (B) Wages or Salary? (Form W-2) If yes, how many jobs did you have last year?
2. (A) Tip Income?
3. (B) Scholarships? (Forms W-2, 1098-T)
4. (B) Interest/Dividends from: checking/savings accounts, bonds, CDs, brokerage? (Forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV)
5. (B) Refund of state/local income taxes? (Form 1099-G)
6. (B) Alimony income or separate maintenance payments?
7. (A) Self-Employment income? (Forms 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-K, cash, digital assets, or other property or services)
8. (A) Cash/check/digital assets, or other property or services for any work performed not reported on Forms W-2 or 1099?
9. (A) Income (or loss) from the sale or exchange of stocks, bonds, digital assets or real estate? (including your home) (Forms 1099-S, 1099-B)
10. (B) Disability income? (such as payments from insurance, or workers compensation) (Forms 1099-R, W-2)
11. (A) Retirement income or payments from pensions, annuities, and or IRA? (Form 1099-R)
12. (B) Unemployment Compensation? (Form 1099-G)
13. (B) Social Security or Railroad Retirement Benefits? (Forms SSA-1099, RRB-1099)
14. (M) Income (or loss) from rental property?
15. (B) Other income? (gambling, lottery, prizes, awards, jury duty, digital assets, Sch K-1, royalties, foreign income, etc.)
Form 13614-C (Rev. 10-2022)
SHOW YOUR EXPENSES
Part IV – Expenses – Last Year, Did You (or Your Spouse) Pay
1. (B) Alimony or separate maintenance payments? If yes, do you have the recipient’s SSN? Yes No
2. Contributions or repayments to a retirement account? IRA (A) Roth IRA (B) 401K (B) Other
3. (B) College or post secondary educational expenses for yourself, spouse or dependents? (Form 1098-T)
4. Any of the following? (A) Medical & Dental (including insurance premiums) (A) Mortgage Interest (Form 1098)
(A) Taxes (State, Real Estate, Personal Property, Sales) (B) Charitable Contributions
5. (B) Child or dependent care expenses such as daycare?
6. (B) For supplies used as an eligible educator such as a teacher, teacher’s aide, counselor, etc.?
7. (A) Expenses related to self-employment income or any other income you received?
8. (B) Student loan interest? (Form 1098-E)
Form 13614-C (Rev. 10-2022)