Website Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers
Rental Supplement Program Manager (RSP)
Reports to: Hope Center Director
Job Category: Professional Exempt, FT Department: Hope Center
Position Purpose: The RSP Program Manager champions daily operations of the Rental
Supplement Program contracted by Erie County Department of Social Services (ECDSS).
The RSP Supervisor provides motivational leadership to a team of four case managers who provide person-centered intake, assessment, and case management services to individuals in need of rental supplements provided by ECDSS.
Program/Service Delivery, Quality, and Growth:
- Displays sound leadership that inspires performance of the team.
- Understands the full scope of BFNC’s programs and other community resources
available as guidance for case managers in provision of service linkages.
- Ensures workflow for client referrals, intake, screening, rental supplement application
and recertification process.
- Oversees client and program data applicable to agency management information
systems and/or electronic health records.
- Monitors case manager documentation, statistics, tracking, and quality assurance
activities according to contractual specifications.
- Upholds agency protocols for processing rental supplements payments and ensures
program reporting and outcomes are met.
- Complete Employee Performance Evaluations at appropriate intervals.
- Liaise with ECDSS, community providers, property owners and/or leasing offices.
- Generate monthly progress reports for program partners, directors, and agency
- Stays current on all regulatory policy, process, and system updates pertaining to the
Rental Supplements Program.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications: BA/BS, MA/MS in Human Services or related field. A minimum of 2 years’
experience supervising staff providing care to homeless populations, low-income families, or
persons with mental illness, senior citizens, and disabled populations.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain an even temperament in crisis or emergency
situations and consistently use superior interpersonal skills in collaborating with other
providers and person-centered community support systems.
Value cultural difference, collaborative efforts, and person-centered services.
Maintains confidentiality in all interactions with program participants and service
- Ability to work independently, using time management and organizational skills.
Demonstrate strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of financial literacy, education, and empowerment perspectives.
Must have car and a valid NYS Driver’s License and pass a criminal background check.
- Strong judgment, problem solving, and time management skills are essential.
- Must exhibit a passion for BFNC’s vision, mission and values and act as a role model
and ambassador for agency values and responsible practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and all other required technology expertise with the proven
ability to enter data into BFNC systems.
For further information and/or to submit resume and cover letter, please send to:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.
The job specifications cited in this Job Description are not to be interpreted to be a complete list
of all the qualifications and performance expectations needed to perform this job adequately.
Management can at its discretion add, drop, or change at any time the duties, responsibilities,
and expectations of this job.
This job description does not constitute an offer of employment, continuous employment, or an
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org